2012 Michigan Prospect Profile: QB Brandon Napoleon

Brandon Napoleon – QB - 6'0” 175
Jersey City, NJ- St. Peters Prep
4.44, 40 yard-dash

Michigan is looking at St. Peters Prep (NJ) quarterback Brandon Napoleon.  Brandon has made quite a name for himself in a short time.  A mix of talent and a strong work ethic has led to some impressive stats on-the-field. 
We will have updates to Brandons profile including Junior year stats and offers very soon until then here is your chance to get to know Brandon Napleon.





 
Interests: West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Oregon, North Carolina, Michigan, Miami

Offers:  North Carolina, Rutgers

Prep: (FR) Offensively: 1253 yards passing . 82/116 completion rate. 77% completion rate. 13 passing td’s. 3 rushing td’s. 26 rushes for 324 yards. Defensively: Played sparingly at SS and had 8 tackles. (SO) Offensively: 8 carries for 95 yards. Defensively: 15 tackles and 1 interception. 2008 Offensive MVP of the Hudson County Championship game. 2009 Selected to the U.S. Army High School All-American National Combine located in San Antonio, Texas. 2009 Hudson County Varsity All-County Honorable Mention. 2009 Earned a Varsity Letter as a sophomore. 2010 Invited to the Elite Recruit “Show-Case” at Giants Stadium. 2010 Invited to the Top Prospects “Show-Case”. 2010 Nominated for membership in The National Society of High School Scholars.

Intro: Even as a sophomore, one could tell young Mr. Napoleon was going to be something special. His play making abilities on- the-field coupled with strong study habits in the classroom are just a few reasons why he is stared to rise above the pack. Brandon holds a 3.0 GPA and hopes to major in Sports Medicine in college. If a career in the NFL does not pan out, he would like to utilize his degree to become a doctor. When The Victors Voice asked about his immediate future Brandon responded with,

“I hope to earn a D-1 college scholarship. Become a student athlete in college. And if I don’t get the opportunity to play on the professional level, then I want to become a doctor.”

Brandon comes from a family of athletes. His father played football for West Virginia University, and mother played basketball at Union County College and Jersey City State University. He is close to his parents and his rather large extended family.

Brandon admits he idolizes his parents because according to him

“They keep me going. Keep me motivated to do better and (help me) achieve everything that I possibly can.”

While he idolizes his parents he credits his late grandmother for being the most influential person in his life. He stated,

“My grandma has been the most influential person. She never got a chance to get an education so when she heard I was going to St. Peters Prep she was so proud of me. (And) Before she passed away we had a talk and I promised her I will do my best in everything that I do. That I will always get good grades and work hard and never takes a day off. I miss her a lot but that talk is what keeps me going.”

As a sophomore he was able to unofficially visit West Virginia to check things out. Brandon is open to any school that is going to offer him because distance isn’t a factor. One of the major aspects he is looking at in a school is academics. An impressive attribute Brandon holds is his attitude towards academics is ahead of his years,

“Academics are the most important thing to me. So, the college that I attend has to have great academics. Without academics there is no football.” Brandon said.

Besides academics he is looking for a school that has a good competitive football program, has a nice campus and has the ability to make it to a bowl game every year. When looking at some of the main points of his selection criteria for a school it is no surprise who he stated his dream school was. Oregon Duck fans would be pleased to know his dream school is Oregon. In fact, Brandon compares his playmaking abilities to that of former Oregon QB Dennis Dixon,

“I would compare my self to Dennis Dixon. His ability to throw and run is a major threat. I feel I can do the same hurt you with my legs and my arm.” said Brandon.

With only two seasons under his belt he is eager to get back out onto the field. He is most excited about the possibility of really coming together as a team, going undefeated and winning the state championship. In order to accomplish his #1 goal of winning back-to-back State Championships his JR/SR seasons, he is training rigorously to improve his conditioning and attending camps to improve his mechanics.

In referring to his conditioning Brandon said, “I feel my strength is great and so is my conditioning. I still have to continue to progress and work hard. At St. Peter’s Prep, our off-season workouts are hard.”

Knowing conditioning is only half the equation to being successful on the field he plans to attend up to four QB camps this summer to improve his skills and mechanics. In doing these camps it should allow Brandon to improve on some of the things he feels he needs to work on.

“I feel I need to work hard everyday and be sure to progress and become a student of the game.” said Brandon.

Brandon feels he would strive in both a pro-style and a spread-style offense because of the confidence he equally has in his throwing and running ability. When asked what he brings to the next level he responded with, “I feel I can bring a hard working player to a college football program. A player that will leave it all in the weight room, film room, and the field. And do anything for the team. I will work hard on and off the football field to become a positive individual that the school can be proud of.”

UPDATES:
1. Visiting Michigan
.

No comments:

Post a Comment